Senior Content Specialist
Your responsibilities as a Senior Content Specialist are
We are looking for a highly-motivated content marketer. Your main responsibility is to drive attention and awareness in their markets by creating and distributing high-quality content. You create compelling stories and content materials to support engagement with their customers.
The following tasks will be part of your responsibilities:
- You convert scientific topics into commercial support materials;
- You are responsible for commercial marketing collateral, brochures, leaflets;
- You produce high quality content, such as whitepapers and corporate PowerPoint Presentations;
- You create digital content, such as corporate infomercials / infographics, 3D tours, etc.;
- You write articles, blog items and newsletters;
- You will organize webinars;
- You maintain content sections on their website(s);
- You build and maintain a network of relevant copywriters and scientific writers;
- You distribute content via multiple channels, including social media;
- You liaise with third-party websites for content distribution and production vendors, such as designers, infographic / infomercial producers, etc.
We are looking for an energetic person who thrives in a dynamic, commercial and fast-paced international environment. You are a people oriented individual and like to work with different personalities, multi-disciplinary teams, business development colleagues, scientists and other stakeholders such as business unit managers, clients, NGOs and strategic partners.
We are looking for a Senior Content Specialist with
- Bachelor (HBO) or master, gained through formal education, courses or work experience (Life Sciences or Business Studies, ideally with a focus on marketing)
- At least 5-7 years commercial marketing experience (A minimum of approx. 4 years as content marketer);
- Preferably in a commercial and international B2B background; worked for international companies or in an international setting (is a must);
- Experience with CRO or Pharma / Life Sciences (Preferred but not required, we also welcome candidates with a background in other knowledge intensive industries, such as financial institutes / consultancy firms/ technical/ engineering / high-tech / ICT/ software / facility management / oil & gas, energy / power) sector, chemical sector, B2B services industry, transport & logistics, etc.;
- Occasional flexibility is required in terms of working hours, due to their international client base / global strategic partners (the vast majority of their clients work in different time-zones);
- Willingness to travel. Some international travel / cross-continent travel is required in this function. A couple of weekends a year to be dedicated to travel to attend international conferences and events (in the post-COVID-19 situation).
Working at this international and outstanding, ambitious and rapidly growing organisation means working for a leading laboratory where samples of various viruses are analysed. Our client is specialized in serological, virological and molecular assays and they work with many different viruses, such as SARS-CoV-2, Rabies, Influenza and Poliovirus. The clients are global pharmaceutical and biotech companies and our client is known for delivering top quality through our extensive virological knowledge. With more than 300 employees they are working on global vaccine and antiviral development programs.
The Marketing team is part of the Business Development Department. In this new role, you will report to the Manager Marketing & Communications manager and work closely together with the Digital Marketer (also a new role). You will work from the head office in the Rotterdam Science Tower, where you will be joining a diverse, social, dynamic and highly motivated team of professionals! Occasional travel is required to their operational facilities in Schaijk and Rijswijk.
Remuneration and Benefits
- International, dynamic and ambitious environment; new role, you have a lot of impact!;
- A salary that corresponds with your education, experience and company policy; incl. 8% holiday allowance and travel allowance;
- One-year contract with the possibility of extension and a permanent contract upon good performance;
- Access to general and job related training courses;
- In consultation with your supervisor, they will provide you with the opportunity to join external courses and training;
- To keep up to date with the developments in their field, you will also join leading (online) vaccine, anti-viral and cell & gene therapy conferences.