Senior External Communications Manager
For our business partner, a global pharmaceutical (leader in sustainable antibiotics, next-generation statins and anti-fungals) we are looking for an energetic, agile and international Senior External Communications Manager 3.0.
You are the linking (external) pin in the Global Communications team, with a wide-range of contacts, both within and outside the organization. Are you a real expert in the fields of Corporate Reputation, Media & PR, Digital Presence, Stakeholdermanagement and Branding? Then we are looking for you! 40 hours a week, around The Hague.
YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES AS A Senior External Communications Manager
Your main tasks and responsibilities will be:
- Develop and execute the external communications strategies, including Media & Public Relations (working with mainstream and pharmaceutical/healthcare media) and Marketing Communications, including Digital, for our client globally;
- Lead and execute the Social Media strategy and campaigns, in close alignment with the Communications teams in the regional business units;
- Manage external communication channels, tools and content (like the corporate website and global social media channels), and provide guidance on further innovative and creative development of these channels;
- Build and support relationships with all key international media;
- Direct and manage multiple external suppliers providing Communications support, such as our PR-agency and web-agency;
- Monitor progress with regards to Public Relations and Social Media campaign deliverables, and deliver within budget and deadlines;
- Develop and execute crisis and issues management aligned with DSP’s communication structure.
- You will report to the global Director Branding & Communications.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR A SENIOR PROFESSIONAL WITH
- A bachelor or university degree in Communications;
- 7 -10 years of experience in a comparable Communications role in an international corporate environment, preferably in the pharmaceutical industry;
- Extensive knowledge of and experience with developing strong communications strategies, methods and tools in general and the ability to translate these to our clients needs and purposes;
- Proven experience in Media and Public Relations and relevant network in the pharmaceutical and/or health industry at industry and public level;
- Expert knowledge of the latest digital and social media technology and channels;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills;
- High level proficiency/near-native in English, preferably combined with German;
- Strong skills in managing several, complex projects simultaneously;
- Good understanding of the generic pharmaceuticals’ market and health industry;
- Personal characteristics: communicative, networker, team player, flexible, diplomatic, hands on mentality, cope with high pressure, professional, representative, persuasive, pro-active and culturally sensitive.
THE ORGANIZATION AND TEAM
Our client is the global leader in sustainable antibiotics, next-generation statins and anti-fungals. Our client develops, produces and sells intermediates, active pharmaceutical ingredients and drug products. The employees worldwide work together to deliver cutting-edge generics solutions that help to keep customers ahead of the competition.
Headquartered in Singapore, the group has manufacturing sites and sales offices in China, India, Egypt, the Netherlands, Spain, the USA and Mexico. Our client is a 50/50 Joint Venture of a global science-based company active in health, nutrition and materials and are a Fortune 500 enterprise.
You will become member of the Communications Team. This team plays a key role in the business through impactful communication that supports the company in the delivery of its business strategy, protects and grows the reputation of its corporate brand, and strengthens the relevance of its product brands. A wide-ranging network of contacts, both within and outside the organization, is required to achieve these Communications goals. With the growing influence of the general public on the license to operate of companies and the increasing impact of Digital on corporate reputation, a professional, pro-active and agile Communications function becomes vital.
The Global Communications Team is looking for a fulltime Senior External Communications Manager, who will report to the Global Director Branding & Communications. The Senior Communications Manager will play a key role in communication targeted at external audiences, covering the areas of Media & Public Relations and Marketing Communications, including Digital.
REMUNERATION AND BENEFITS
- The vacancy is for fulltime, 40 hours a week;
- Great challenge on thoughtleadership and international outlook;
- Excellent remuneration and benefits ;
- Startdate: as soon as possible;
- The location is around The Hague.